Active & Safe Routes to School (ASRTS) is community partners from several organizations throughout the Counties of Elgin, Middlesex, Oxford, and the cities of London and St. Thomas working together to promote and sustain ASRTS programs that encourage children and families to choose active transportation.
Active Transportation is any form of human powered travel such as walking, biking, rollerblading, skateboarding, etc. and can help to…
- Improve physical and mental health
- Improve traffic and safety around your school
- Improve air quality and help the environment
- Have students arrive at school alert and ready to learn
- Feel more connected to your community
Learn more about the benefits of active travel.
If you’re interested in getting your school or community involved in ASRTS programs or becoming a part of the ASRTS steering committee, please Contact Us.